Monday, March 06, 2006

BONUS WHORING

i've been playing at Royal Vegas for the past two weeks trying to clear that $500 bonus. Its been a slow start so far... I haven't had much time to put in the hours that i want to log. I've only cleared about 700 raked hands so far, and i need to clear at least 5,000 hands by the end of next month to get the full $500. The players on this site are a lot worse than the players at PokerStars so its been pretty frustrating...selective aggression is key to the game. I can't bully these people around like i did at PokerStars, they're too stupid to be able to lay down middle pair or low pair. I think its good practice though...i've been getting too comfortable at PokerStars, just being able to push my hands very hard... it has definately made my game rusty. I'm able to make some good lay downs, while picking and choosing good spots to mix in some bluff-raises. I downloaded an excel sheet to help log my sessions, giving me a more refined view of the money coming in and out of my account that PokerTracker can't really give me.

you can find the excel sheet here, bet-the-pot.com forum members are the shit.

i'm currently down $117 at Royal Vegas but its all good, i was expecting it. You always have to change up your game a bit to adjust to new sites... and after a week of tweaking my game a bit i think i found the right combination of style to keep my win rate up. past couple of sessions have been solid, and i'm feeling optimistic about it. Spring break will definately be a time where i need to log in a lot of hands to clear that bonus in time, i've only cleared $50 so far, and i'm about 300 raked hands away from clearing out another $50 to make a total of $100 cleared in about 2 weeks. At this rate i won't be able to clear the full $500 in time, so spring break i will have to really push it.

im really hoping to be able to clear the bonus by the end of this month, but that means i will have to playing a shitload of hands during spring break...probably close to playing 500 raked hands every day of spring break...we'll see how that goes.

once i'm through with the Royal Vegas bonus, i'm looking to deposit into Party Poker again, for a 20% bonus match up to $100...meaning i will have to deposit $500 to get the full $100 bonus. I know there are juicier bonus' out there worth investing in but i really want to get back to playing at Party for a bit, change of scenery and hopefully i won't get sucked out on too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home