Tuesday, April 11, 2006

the breakdown

long story short-

i was cruising my way to finishing up my bonus on Royal Vegas Poker, and i hit a bad steak. At first i gave it no thought, there's a lot of variance playing limit poker, and especially when its 6max. Yet this bad streak continued for over two weeks. I was already playing with an insufficient bankroll for $1/$2, and having this bad streak only increased the stress. I started to turn to No Limit for awhile, made a couple of gains and then proceeded to lose most of the money. Switched back to $1/$2 limit for a bit, was grinding it out for awhile and then my roll just chipped away for a couple of more weeks until i barely had anything left. Cashed out $50 and i decided to take a break from poker...its been too much stress trying to build a roll while studying for Organic Chemistry and Systems Physiology exams. Lost too much money, need to get my confidence back and get sharp on my weaknesses.

This is a much needed break to start things right, hopefully i'll build a roll again during the summer...in the mean time i'm going to do my best to work my game reading more books and getting in practice with Turbo Texas Hold'em.

fuck, still hurting from that loss. and its been almost a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home