Tuesday, January 08, 2008

the Taj/Tropicana

Holdem results ($1/$2 NLHE) session (2 total)
Time played today: 7 hours
Results today (green=win; red=loss): -$130.00
Location: Taj Mahal
Holdem winnings (Atl City) 2007:
+$ 73.00

I don't think i played so bad today, just could not get anything going later on in the night.

First session at the Taj bought in for $150, and was up about +$170. Was pretty card dead in the beginning so I had to make some plays. I would say I bluffed and won about 3 pots with nothing. Timing was perfect I think....I would check raise when I was pretty sure someone was just betting out to steal the pot when it was checked all the way to the cut off or dealer. About an hour and a half into the session I had a pretty big hand, with A 3 suited, flopped nut flush and had a call station put all his money in on the river, so doubled up on that. Then I just grinded it out until we got hungry and met up for dinner.

Afterwards we headed over to the Tropicana, bought in for $150 at a soft table with Tim and Quik. I wasn't even card dead, just I couldnt get the right action on the flop. I won a few small pots with bluff continuation bets but other than that, couldnt get shit going. I would have pocket 10's, or jacks and lead the action with a flop of overcards and get heavy action so i would force to fold. Or I would have AK, or KQ (had them 3 times tonight) and the board would come something ridiculous like 9 9 6, with heavy action. I even had pocket Aces but split pot with another guy with pocket Aces.

I had the right cards, but couldn't make anythign out of it.

There is one mistake I can only think of that I made tonight:

Dealt to me: A K offsuit

I am in middle position. 1 caller before me. I raise to $12

3 folds

Villian calls (he was pretty tight, he would be sleeping and only plays when he has a strong hand)

everyone folds beacuse me and villian have a very tight image

Flop:

9 10 10 (2 spades)

I bet $25 villian almost immediately calls.

at this point I am thinking he has a pair, middle pair. I dont think he hit a house or trips so I was hoping I could bet him out if a higher card comes or I spike my A or K

turn comes off a blank but its a spade.

Villian checks to me
I motion to make a bet, then look at the board and notice that a flush could have hit, I check my cards look at him and then I check.

River comes: 2 (not spade)

Villian immediately checks to me. I hesitated thinking about betting out, but I trusted my initial read that he had a pair and was torn between wither checking...thinking only a hand that would call my bet would be a hand that would beat me, or betting hoping to scare him off his pair.

I decided to check since 1. i hesitated too long and 2. i went for the "safer play"

he flips over AK and we split pot/ lose money to the rake.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home