Monday, June 05, 2006

PokerStars days 1-5

Holdem results ($1/$2 6max LHE) session (multiple)
Time played today: 6.92 hours
Results today (green=win; red=loss): -$53.70
Results for June: -$53.70
Holdem bankroll: $273.30

Its been a rough transition back into PokerStars. Had to kick out the old habits at PartyPoker and start getting accustomed to the competition at PokerStars. I noticed I was playing a lot looser and making more dumb calls, and that lost a lot of money for me. My bankroll is pretty low, it was even as low as $130 at some point during my time at PokerStars...but I think i'm getting back into my groove now. I just have to remember to make more smart laydowns, I really have to work on this. I always point this mistake out and I'll run fine for a couple of days and then i'll forget about it and start pushing hands to the river that shouldn't even be there and lose more big bets.

I have to really focus and keep in mind that a bet saved is a bet earned.
this is key in limit.

short handed games are more predictable at PokerStars, its easy to tell if someone has a hand or not, unlike in Party where you dont know if your opponent is either calling you down with
Ace high, low pair, mid pair, or top pair.

Watching Johnny multi-table $2/$4 FR limit really helped me focus on making smart laydowns and curb my uber-aggressive tactics and hone it more on being SMART aggressive instead of just uber-aggressive on the table.

this is interesting to note, my win rate so far for June:


I'm getting killed in the $.50/$1 games, i just don't understand it.
i suppose i'll have to do my best to grind it out carefully at $1/$2 limit
(even though the hand sample is way too small to make any significant remarks)




PLAY SMART, MAKE SMART LAY DOWNS, CALL LESS, FOLD MORE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home