Friday, May 19, 2006

a dab at $2/$4 limit 6max

after bouncing back from my downswing last week i've been running well so i decided to dabble into $2/$4 limit. This the "highest" of the low limit stakes I have ever ventured in. My experiences with $2/$4 in the past have been...very unstable. My first time playing $2/$4 i crushed the game for a couple of days, making a profit of over $400 and then proceeded to lose it all the next couple of days and more. Why did i decide to try $2/$4 again? I think its because i'm ready now. I actually feel comfortable, not scared or nervous. Even though my bankroll (before opening a $2/$4 table) was $520, I felt like I was ready to play at this level.

the result:

Time played: 3 hours and 18 minutes
amount won: + $
212
current bankroll: $
732.19


the competition at $2/$4 is still very soft, ABC poker will still make you a longterm winner it seems. although I noticed i did run into more aggressive opponents, but they were usually smart enough to lay down ace high or low pair to a check-raise bluff on the turn, which is a good thing. i'm wary of the many capable players that lurk the $2/$4 tables on their way to move up in limits just like i am....we'll see how it goes. I'm planning on following the "3x buy in rule" (a modification of the 5x buy in rule)...upon if I lose 3x buy ins ($300) i will move back down to $1/$2 limit. Kind've risky, but I think i'm ready even though I do not have the bankroll to safely play at this level.

i just hope i don't fall victim to "moving up too soon too fast".

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

A suggestion: Your bankroll is ~$750ish. Playing 2/4 6-max is very risky unless your bankroll is readily replaceable. Most guys at BTP who play SH recommend at the absolute minimum 300BB to play SH at a given level, and some recommend 500BB. Just be careful that variance doesn't bite too hard. Otherwise, you're doing fantastic--keep it up!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home