Thursday, May 25, 2006

day 15 (4 sessions)

Holdem results ($1/$2 6max LHE) session 1
Time played today: 1 hour 5 minutes
Results today (green=win; red=loss): -$39.37
Results for May: +$ 448.23
Holdem bankroll: $448.52



after taking a break yesterday, I believe i played extremely well today despite the results. I was playing with a clarity that I often experience after taking a break. Making great laydowns and smart moves, but maybe it was because i was single-tabling. which brings me back to another issue...I'm wondering if I should start single-tabling again or go back to multi-tabling. When i single table, i do get bored easily but I have great, great reads on my opponents and i can often pull great bluffs in big pots. Earlier today I took down a 10+BB pot with ace high when i check called until the river when I made a check-raise move against an over aggressive player to my left and he mucked it.


just really sucks when I play so well but shit just isnt going my way. I got KK 3 times and had them break all 3 times in huge pots. Once was KK vs AA where
i was behind the whole way but it was a huge pot. Then I had KK vs 66 where the opponent holding 66 caught a 6 on the river, i dont even know how he could've stayed in when I was raising another opponent on the flop with a Q on the flop. Then I had KK vs 88 where 88 hit on river...just really sucks. And while all of this was happening i was +$30 on a table... maybe i'll play later.


Holdem results ($1/$2 6max LHE) session 2
Time played today: 1 hour
Results today (green=win; red=loss): +$45.06
Results for May: +$ 493.29
Holdem bankroll: $493.58

i think i might stick to single-tabling, i feel extremely comfortable with my reads and making bluff-raise plays that pay off pretty well, that I can't really accomplish when i'm 3-tabling. For now I guess i will single-table...maybe when I develop my game better and get more comfortable I'll multi-table again.

Holdem results ($1/$2 6max LHE) session 3
Time played today: 1 hour 5 minutes
Results today (green=win; red=loss): -$53.50
Results for May: +$ 439.79
Holdem bankroll: $443.83

i can't understand it, i know these players at night are just horrible and make so many bad decisions and chase their 4outers and 2 outers, SO IT SHOULD BE PROFITABLE RIGHT? but everytime i play at night i start out pretty good up +$20 or something and then it takes a sharp dive down, when everyone and their mom is hitting their fucking gutshots on me and their 2 outers and it just doesnt stop. as i write right now i'm buying in again and trying to run this table...we'll see how it goes:

Holdem results ($1/$2 6max LHE) session 4
Time played today: 35 minutes
Results today (green=win; red=loss): +$77.37
Results for May: +$ 517.16
Holdem bankroll: $521.20

finally, piss poor play from night opponents has finally paid off. a very sucessful session, it also helped that I hit a flush draw for once tonight finally, and found particularly passive tables and also picked out my spots carefully against uber-aggressive maniac-type opponents and extracted the maximum bets from them. I seem to run into more maniac opponents at night, and utilizing the most out of these situations + enough luck to avoid being unlucky should = profitable nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home